Saturday, November 13, 2010

It’s a Tablet. It’s Gorgeous. It’s Costly.

It’s a Tablet. It’s Gorgeous. It’s Costly. NYT review of the new Samsung Galaxy Tab.
It's good, but most Android apps are made for small screens, and then it's just too expensive. It cost more than an iPad for lord's sake. I think you have to be very anti-Apple to think that's a good deal.

If not for this, I might have been tempted to try it as an ereader, for it's very light and have a good size (7-inch screen on a device the size of a Kindle3). And I guess that unlike Nook Color it will run the Kindle app.

1 comment:

TC [Girl] said...

Eolake said...
"It cost more than an iPad for lord's sake."

...but less than an iPhone! Isn't that NUTTY what people are willing to pay for a PHONE?! :-/

When you look @ the price of the Tablet, in comparison to my ['Mini Me'/very similar] Samsung Intercept, which has a price tag [that I, thankfully, didn't have to pay!] of $350 and has a 3.2" screen on it, I'm thinking it is "reasonable"! lol! But...when you, now, look at how LOW the Kindle has gone, yeah...that's quite a reader! :-/