Monday, March 28, 2011

Make an art glove

A problem with using a stylus on the iPad is that you can't rest your hand on the screen, because the screen reacts to it. I've developed this solution... (I surely can't be the first, but I haven't heard about it anywhere) get a cheap pair of gloves (like thin cotton gloves, there are lots on eBay), and cut off the thumb and index finger on one. This will isolate most of your hand from the screen, while giving you a good grip on the stylus, and keeping multi-touch working for when you want to zoom in or out, then you just use your fingers.

3 comments:

Ganesha Games said...

I think the glove they sell for cintiq users would do the same but your solution is cheaper.

Eolake Stobblehouse said...

Doubtlessly. This pair I just bought in the local shop for one pound Sterling! (1.5 bucks.)

Jim Jarmo said...

Been having the same problem and just had this idea too. So I Googled to see if anyone had tried it and this came up. Glad to see it works okay. Now to invest in some thin cotton gloves...