Friday, May 27, 2011

Hands-on with the Entourage Edge

Hands-on with the Entourage Edge, article/video.
Clearly made not the least for the education market, and clearly an interesting device.

My issue is, though, once you have the color touch screen, what do you need the e-ink screen for? Are you gonna drag around double the weight just for the occasional day you need to read in sunshine? Many people are very attached to E-ink, and I really don't get it, for me it's just... gray.
The lack of backlight might be nice on the eyes in the long run, but I won't know until I see it in color, or at least least with a decent contrast instead of near-black on middle-grey. (Black on light grey is ideal for me on screen. Perhaps black on white on paper, for then you can normally adjust the lighting so you're not blinded.)

No comments: