Friday, October 7, 2011

iPhone camera lens and scratches

I've been worried about scratching or dulling the lens on my iPhone 4, since Apple for reasons of their own have not recessed or protected it in any way. I thought I was being silly, but clearly I was not, it's an issue.

(Picture from the linked article. My own phone/lens is still in good shape.)

I've not heard if the new iPhone 4S has improved the camera position, but I doubt it. So I would recommend a case for the phone, or at least being careful to never put the phone down on its back.

As a hobby photographer for decades, I care about lenses and I care for my lenses, and I'm a bit stunned that Apple will sell such a beautiful phone with such an outstanding camera, and then let the front lens element be flush with the phone's back!

No comments: