Friday, February 24, 2012

Flote arm

There are signs in the stars that my humble wish for more tablet holders is coming through. I was contacted by the makers of the Flote arm, and it does look promising, and rather lighter and more elegant than the one I have.
Watch the video, it is good, and funny.




I got this info from the designer David Cutler:

I've been working with a UK distributor about retailing FLOTE it in Europe.
For now, we are charging $110 for international shipping  via USPS, which may take a several days to a few weeks.
I wanted to inform you of an important improvement to the FLOTE. We have designed the "sliding" boom to now be a "telescoping" boom. This removes the concern of the "boom tail"- the end of the boom opposite the tablet- bumping into things like chairs and walls when you swing your tablet around. Aesthetically we are making the "fixed" boom tail look similar to the current design, remaining extended about 5"  to give FLOTE its balanced look.




You can get it in custom colors for a premium, even in 14karat gold plating for a bigger premium! :-) (I'm not sure what kind of home that would be for. A movie star home or a housing-scam investment advisor home. You know the kind: huge house, no furniture but a big toy race track and an $200k stereo system still in the boxes.)

I wonder why it took so long for such products to appear.
Look at this study about the unfortunate ergonomics of using a tablet.

No comments: